Pages

February 1, 2010

The Start of JentoLose

It's February 2010. I have been procrastinating. I think it's time that I actually start writing on JentoLose. What have I got to lose?? Hmmmmmmm. . . good question.

Almost 6 months ago, I came up with the idea to use blogging as a weight loss tool. I only really become interested in blogging about a year ago when I was trying to use coupons to save money at the grocery store. I still like to use coupons; I just abandoned the idea about trying to blog about it. There are so many blogs out there that do the job already--tons better than I would ever do.

So I got rid of that blog. But I really like doing the blogging thing. I'm an amateur with little design training (but perhaps a few skills or at least ideas)--and I love to mess around with the design and make it my own--a reflection of me.

So I thought -- I could use a blog to help me focus on something that I want to be a central goal -- losing weight and living differently. Aha! Do the blog thing!

So for the past two months, I've been designing my weight loss blog. I've been trying to figure out how to create a cutsy title (finding the perfect font is very important you know), how to add a sidebar, how to position a nav bar within a header, how to change the background and sidebar color, how to organize the blog under the right email address so I can keep track of it, etc., etc.) I've also been on the hunt for the weight loss blogs that are out there and going strong--tons of great ones. I've been doing all of this fun stuff that mainly involves setting my arse down in front of the computer.

But lets call it what it is. Procrastination. Failure to move forward. Fear. The same old shit. Inactivity. Failure to commit.

We all know that blogging is really about the posting. But I have delaying actually posting. Why? Because if I were to actually start posting, I'd actually have to act on my goals. Well, I'd have to actually, really set those goals (rather than thinking them in my head like I've been doing for the past upteen months.)

So I can't turn back now. I'm blogging. This is my weight loss blog. I'm JentoLose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey -- Thanks for reading! Leave a comment keeping it positive!