I'm hoping this will be a good resource for me in future weeks when I get bored with what I am eating. I can return to these "Food that Got Me Through" posts to get ideas and reminders. So, here goes, food from both week 1 and 2:
Week 2 Food:
- Crunchy Chicken Salad -- Chicken nuggets are a great kid food in our house. At Aldi recently, I purchased two kinds I had never tried before--both with less fat and no hydrogenated oil. A serving worked out to about 4 WW points. Cut the chicken up, put on a huge bowl of romaine and spinach, and serve with light honey mustard dressing. Who knew that I could eat so much green stuff!
- String Cheese -- This is a staple in our fridge, but I have never really eaten it in the past. I had it often this week, and it was really great--really rich! The Roundy's brand was yummy! I have bought it at Aldi before, but don't think it's as good (too salty).
- Good Earth Tea (decaf) -- I have checked the ingredients, and keep thinking there is sugar in this tea. Not really sure, but I love it! Has a strong cinnamon flavor, so I feel like I am getting a sugar kick when I am not--love that! Their website says, "Our teas have no added sweeteners in the formula. They do not contain any sugar, artificial sweeteners or preservatives. Any perceived sweetness in the tea is due to the combination of spices and citrus components in the herbs and oils."
- Oatmeal -- yes I am still adding brown sugar, but this is so filling! Need to work my way to steel cut oats. I read about cooking in crock pot--might try that.
- Chili Dog -- hot dog with 1/2 a cup of vegetarian chili. I would get sick of this pretty quickly, but this week enjoyed it!
- Grape Nuts Cereal -- a bit high in WW points, but I so like the crunch
- Apple with 1 Tbs peanut butter (yum)
- Strawberry Peanut Butter Smoothie -- 1 cup milk, 1 cup strawberries, 1 TBS peanut butter , 1/2 to 1 tsp sugar free strawberry jello. I do not love artificial sweeteners, but this is a nice treat for me, and gives me a little sugar taste when I am craving it.
- Chili -- I love me some soup, and I make my chili with lots of liquid. The soup helps me fill up and stay full--love it! Keep meaning to make more soup or chili but haven't gotten to it yet.
- Almonds --eat 12 with water (so filling)
- Sweet Potato French Fries -- love the char from high roasting with the sweetness