Pages

April 1, 2010

Rambling Goals -- April 2010

So I have had the hardest time spitting out my goals.  I've just been avoiding actually making sense of this weight loss BS and what I really, really want.  And I've had it.  I'm going to get them out of my head, down on paper right now!  They might be messy, they might not be pretty.  It might be all long and drawn out -- but at least I'm getting them out there so I can move forward (act, move, learn). 

So this is my "rambling goals" post.  I need to write this to focus my thoughts.  Then I'm going to follow up with my "specific goals" post that finally gives me some clarity.
Here goes:



So Jen -- What Do You Really Want?
I want to lose weight.  I want to lose the fat off my body.  There.  I said it.  It's pretty basic.  I've said it before, and I'm saying it now--that's what I want!

I want to live differently.  Live better.  Treat my body better--with the respect it deserves.  I want to feed my family better and live with my family better.  I want to be THE model for my children.  I don't want them to inherit my bad choices and unhealthy way of living.  I want to teach them that there is SO much more to celebrating life than just food!

I want to be active -- on my own and with my family.    I want to move.  I want to really live instead of watching another day, month, year go by without making this change.  I want to radically change my life, starting small and building up.  I want to walk, run, jump, swim, race, move, live, love, be, jog.  I want to work hard.  I want to sweat.  I want to change.  I want to change now.

I love my body and I want to treat it better.  I want to feel comfortable in my body.  I want my body to reflect all that is good about who I am and who I know I can be.  I want to grow old in my body.  I want to care for it.

I want to act.  I want to be healthy.  I want to make the right decisions.  I want to respect who I am -- my body, my mind, my spirit.

I want to live my best life -- the life I am destined to live.

I want to make minute by minute, and hourly and daily choices based on what I really, really want.  And this is it!

I want to choose me!  I choose me!  I don't want the food!  I don't want the inactivity.  I want the real me.  I choose the real me.


And this is what I want even more:

I want to choose me for more than just a few weeks, or even a few months.  I want to make these changes -- FOREVER.  When life gets stressful, and choosing me is hard,  I want to keep going!  If I have rough patch, and I choose food and inactivity for a moment, I want it to be just a moment and not a reason to crash and burn.  I want to keep going toward my goals of living my best, best life!  I want to pick up the pieces and keep moving forward.  This is key!

I want to make this work.  I want to make this my life.  I can do this.  It's about doing the work, moving my body, and moving forward.  One step at a time.  One decision at a time.  One moment at a time.

Act on what I want the most.  Act, Move, Learn.

Now spell out the specifics Jen. . . stay tuned for the specifics.  They are a coming.

1 comment:

  1. Jen this is such a great post! Your emotions are there and your determination comes through and I believe you can be the person you want to be and live the life you want to live! So much of this could have come straight from my own head.

    I look forward to seeing your specifics. And as someone who once taught goal setting, I know how key those are in achieving success.

    Great post:)

    ReplyDelete

Hey -- Thanks for reading! Leave a comment keeping it positive!