Pages

April 1, 2010

April is All About My Five Things

Whew!  Five things to change my life and jump start  a change in the way I am living?  Five things is a lot of things.  But I can do anything for a month, right?  I am committing to doing these things for the month of April.  Here's what I've come up with so far:

#1 No watching TV unless I am moving my body.  This is going to be a huge change for me!  But I want to give it a try for the month of April.

#2 Go to bed and wake at the same time every morning.  This is also going to be a big change for me.  I love to stay up late and sleep until I have to get up.  This is going to take some diligence on me part, but I know, know, know, it will help me order my day better.

#3 Just say NO to fast food.  So we had Subway for supper tonight--I never have Subway--and I don't consider this a bad option--especially when it's 6 pm and I'm coming home from the store and don't quite have the time to make dinner--it's OK.  I'm talking about saying no to the burgers and fries and fried chicken sandwiches, and soda.  This will not be as hard as #1 and #2 for me.

Like I said--whew!  These are going to be challenging this April, but I can do anything for a month, and I'm excited to see how changing five things will change my life.  Since I consider #1-3 pretty heavy duty, I need to make 4 and 5 a little lighter, and pretty manageable.  Here's what I've come up with.


#4 Check in on Jentolose every day.  I know that I am more in tune with myself if I am writing down my thoughts and feelings, and this is a great place for me to do that.  I think I can manage this one pretty easily--even if it's just a quick post to check in.  Every day though Jen--that's going to take your commitment!

#5 Drink water deliberately. Now I love water, so I don't really have a problem drinking it.  I'm not a soda or diet soda drinker, so no problems there.  The problem is that when I'm eating crap food, I drink less water.  Since I don't really want to count points and calories this month, I'm going to commit to drinking my water--6-8 glasses each and every day.  I'm thinking that even though I'm not religiously watching the calories, that by drinking the water, I will be able to tune in to what my body really needs--not the junk but "strong food" as we call it in our house--the food to make me strong.

So there I have My Five Things to focus my month of April.  I'm excited and energized to have a few things to lead me on, to strive for -- things that will challenge some of the behaviors I would like to change.  I'm wondering if I might actually find the time to read a book--haven't done that in FOREVER.  I wonder what else I might do this month?  Or learn this month?  I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey -- Thanks for reading! Leave a comment keeping it positive!