Pages

September 14, 2010

Day 4: 9/14/10

I these aren't exciting posts, but I just want to check in.  Things are going well.  Now that the kids are back in school, I've been able to so some more cooking in my kitchen--love it!  Feel like I've been away for a while.  Besides our turkey dinner on Monday, I made granola--not for me but for my picky eater son who loves it!  Also had an easy dinner of ham and beans (dried pinto beans, ham bone, and water in slow roaster all day)--works for me.  Not sure how much fat from the ham seeped into the beans--didn't seem too bad.

Spent the afternoon with my boys at the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum--a wonderful place to take a walk.  They have a great kid's maze there, so my son was very willing to walk to the maze; the walk back was a bit more challenging, but we made it.

Hopefully soon, I'll have more interesting thoughts on interesting topics.  But for today, checking in is a good thing.  I have a babe crying at my heals, and I"m pretty tired too, and it's not even 7 pm, so I'm signing off for the night.

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Jen - I will email you that recipe as soon as I go back downstairs. I totally forgot!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem. My turkey bones are in the freezer, so I'm not in any hurry. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Hey -- Thanks for reading! Leave a comment keeping it positive!