Pages

September 28, 2010

Finish What You Started

In my world of trying to lose weight and weight-loss blogging, I feel there are tons of broken, unfilled promises to myself.  There has been lots of starting.  And starting over.  And taking breaks.  This is not good or bad.  It just is.  I've struggled to find my way.  Again--just my past reality.

The thing is -- I have to keep trying.  And the thing is -- I'm a pretty smart person.  And the thing is -- I know I WILL figure this thing out for myself.  And the thing is -- I will not give up.  I will keep trying.

I have all of the information and facts needed to change the way I eat, move, live.  But there is something that's making it hard for me to act on that knowledge.  And I WILL figure out what that is.  That's why I'm going to keep blogging, keep trying.  I might need to look at the world--and myself--and my life--differently.  I might need new resources.  I might even need a friend or two.  Because I'm going to keep going.  I believe in myself.

Today, I'm trying to take a moment to breathe.

Today, I'm trying to take a moment to focus.

Today I'm trying to focus on small goals -- like Just Five Pounds -- and what I can do TODAY to live my life TODAY.

Today I'm going to BELIEVE that every thing that I have to do does not have to be a crisis.  And that life with three kids is just --life.  It doesn't have to be crazy.

By focusing on today, on small goals like 5 pounds, or the healthy snack I am eating right now (PB and apple--yum!), I will finish what I've started.  I will stick to a promise that I made to me.  I will be on my way!

It feels good to say all this.  Makes me feel awesome that I have today!

And now to my laundry room -- another unfinished project--that will be completed today!

Do you have a hard time finishing projects that you've started?  Any finishing strategies?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey -- Thanks for reading! Leave a comment keeping it positive!