Pages

September 26, 2010

Weight Loss Is Really about Time Management!

Everybody has busy lives.  I won't bore you with too many details of my life, but I will say--WE ARE SO BUSY!  And it's kind of making us a little crazy (us being me and my husband).  We're not really sure why, but life with three kids is a little out of control right now. 

We used to mow our lawn regularly; now we are lucky if it gets done every two weeks, and it gets long.  I've been trying to tackle cleaning my laundry room for I don't know how long; on Saturday, I was able to complete 1/4 of the cleaning, but then my 1 year old woke up and work time was over; and my best example: I picked out the "least dirty" pair of underwear out of my son's laundry for him to wear after his bath tonight--and yes I'm washing whites right now in my crazy, messed up, not clean laundry room.

I'm not sure why things are so crazy, but they are.  I'm not trying to complain because I get that we all are busy--just trying to get a handle on things.  And here's my realization --

If I'm going to accomplish some real weight loss, I'm going to need to keep trying to manage my time!  

Planning is so important!

And here's my second realization --

If I'm going to accomplish anything, I need some QUIET time!  

All by myself time.  Just me time.  Alone time.  Without a one year old crawling under the table to reach me time.  Non-referee time.  Quiet time.  Peaceful time.  A non "she hit me" time.

And when do you think I could find some of this time????????? 

If you are a parent, you've probably guessed it --- 5 AM!

Now I should really mention that I am not a morning person -- I'm not NOT a morning person.  I think I have the potential to become a morning person.  But it's going to take some work, some change, some getting to bed a little early.

Up to this point, I've been more of a late night person.  The problem with that -- by the time I get the kids to bed, I'm beat, and the TV too quickly reels me in.

And what will I do at 5 AM??

--Drink a cup of coffee.
--Plan my grocery list and weekly menu.
--Write a blog post or two.
--Comment on a blog post or two.
--Actually take a shower before my kids wake up.
--A load of laundry.
--Read a magazine, a book???
--Do a little activity -- OK I'm not going here yet, but I'm not ruling it out.

Quite Time = Focused Time = Focused Mom = Happy Mom = Planning Complete = Weight loss

Makes sense to me!!!

How do you handle the business of your life?  How do you make weight loss a priority?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey -- Thanks for reading! Leave a comment keeping it positive!