Pages

February 11, 2010

Action Plan -- So Many Choices

So I'm gaining some momentum:
-Healthy food in the house. Check.
-Tracking my eating (i.e. writing things down). Check
-Posting on Jentolose. Check.

What's next:
--Set my goals, both long and short term. (I've started a post on this, but for some reason, have been having a hard time. I want to be clear with my expectations. I want to be very directed and specific in my approach. I will finish this soon).
--Add the activity--get moving (I hate to call it exercise--don't like that word). I'm going to give myself a few more days before I commit to this. Small steps right now.

As part of all of this, I've been trying to figure out what plan of attack to use for both counting calories or controlling my food intake and the E word -- exercise!

There are so many plans out there right now, that it's almost overwhelming. Do I do Weight Watchers again? I've had success with this program before. How about all of the Biggest Loser stuff out there? What even is the 30 day Shred? Just thinking about it scares me. Should I join a gym? I'm a cheapskate and I just don't want to right now--maybe some day. Just heard of Volumetrics? Or my husband has used the Abs Diet for Men and lost weight and inches before. If you turn on daytime TV, all they talk about are people trying to lose weight and starting to lose weight, etc, etc. So where do you even begin????

Plan of Attack
I'm going to start small. I'm going to start with what I know I can do. And then I can change or add things as I go. Because this isn't just a short term change; this is my life and my activities changing. I have time to try different things. I'm going to start with what works for me.

Food -- So I'm going to follow the Weight Watchers point system. I'm familiar with it, I do like it, and I have had success with it in the past. I'm a little bit afraid of it because it might be "the same old thing," but I'm starting there. Since I am still breastfeeding, it gives me a concrete starting place while I am still nursing--and I like that.

I'm not going to join WW again -- yet, though I definitely haven't ruled it out. I'm going to give this a go, doing the blogging thing, and see where I end up.

Exercise -- So I don't have a hard core plan. I'm not going to go to the gym and work out. I'm just not ready to do that. But this is what I CAN do. I can commit to exercising everyday. I can do walking videos and exercise videos from the library. I have a Step and can use it while watching TV. I have never really lifted weights, and I am going to add this to my activity. Not really sure where I am going to start. We have a set of hand weights, so I am set there. If anyone is reading (I don't really think so, but maybe), any recommendations for a beginning at home weight lifting program. I will probably check out some books from the library and try some different things.

There you have it --Jen to Lose's Starting Out Action Plan. It works for me. Small steps. Small decisions. I know they will change my world for ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey -- Thanks for reading! Leave a comment keeping it positive!