Pages

February 5, 2010

My Blog Title -- Jen's ?

Blog Titles: Jen's Simple Gifts or Jen to Lose

So I have been working on all of the details to make this blog thing come together. And seriously I love messing with all of it. And seriously, I'm using it as an excuse not to REALLY start. I've been meaning to post about my blog title --Jen to Lose --so here's my post.

When I original started my "get healthy" blog, I was going to call it Jen's Simple Gifts. I even had the Blogger blog set up with a cute header and everything else. I chose the simple gifts title for a few reasons:

1. I love that old Shaker Hymn -- Tis a gift to be simple, tis a gift to be free, tis a gift to come down where we ought to be. And when we find ourselves in the place just right, twill be in the valley of love and delight.

I really love this song, and it speaks to me that the most important things in our lives are really the simple things, and that losing weight and taking care of yourself really is part of that simplicity.

2. Giving myself the gift of weight loss and health is one of the best, the greatest gifts I can give myself and my family.

3. I wanted my blog to be more than "just" a weight loss blog. I wanted it to be about me, about my life, about who I am. And even though I'm preparing my blog so others will also read it, I really want it for me--to reflect all that is good or bad or crazy or fabulous about the way I approach this journey of mine. I have so many awesome things going in my life--so many simple gifts. Losing the weight and living differently is just one part of my life--given a HUGE part, but I want to keep some perspective.

But once I got Jen's Simple Gifts ready to go, it just didn't seem right--still don't know why. Still love that old song though!

One night, I was messing around with some online weight loss stuff--think I was at Sparkpeople, and I created the user name Jentolose. And when Simple Gifts didn't really work, I kept going back to Jentolose. I like the way it rolls off my tongue. I like that it can be one word. And I just really, really like it. It feels like me

So Jen to Lose or Jentolose it is.

Now Jentolose, you need to get your butt moving! You have done the preparation! You have done the work! There is more work to do--there always is. If you don't commit, the journey will go on without you, and you will be on it without even knowing it. Commit to the journey! Commit to beginning! Take that first step! You can!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey -- Thanks for reading! Leave a comment keeping it positive!