Pages

August 18, 2010

Back from Vacation

We just got back today from a six day vacation "up North" -- hence the reason I haven't written on here for a week.  We had a great time--it was a much needed break from reality.  We stayed at a cabin, fished, took some boat rides, and just relaxed.  It was really, really nice. 

At the same time, I fully admit I am such a home body!  And after five nights away, I am SO glad to be back home.  And now, I feel like I can tackle all of the challenges back at home--like getting my kids ready to go back to school, and all the other stuff that's at home!

I did come to two realizations on vacation.  ONE -- Planning is so important!  If I had planned our vacation meals better before leaving, I could have saved us lots of time, money, and calories.  I need to take more time planning my menu and grocery shopping.

TWO -- OK, I admit it.  I can't do this weight loss thing alone.  I need some help!  And although I just hate to do it, because I hate to part with the money, I'm going back to Weight Watchers.  I don't know why I've fought going back--well, I hate to pay the money.  I kind of figured that if I was to lose the weight for good, I needed to figure out how to do it on my own.  But be honest with yourself Jen--that's just not working for you.  (And at about $10 a week, it's not that costly.  I'm sure I waste $10 on junk often!)

So Weight Watchers it is.  And I have had good success using their program in the past--but then I would go and have another baby and unravel any success I had.  But I'm pretty certain that my baby bearing days are over.  So it's time to move forward and get the help I need.

Everything is a little more challenging since I am with my children ALL of the time (can you tell I am looking forward to school starting).  So OK, I'm going to start WW the same week my kids go back to school--the week after Labor Day.  I would start this week, but I really don't want to mess with having someone watch my kids.  I know, sounds lame, but that's where I am right now.

But that doesn't mean I can't be conscientious right now.  And that means I'm heading to bed to get a good nights sleep.  Yes it's a rambling post, but I'm glad to be posting.  I'm going to keep trying to make this blog thing work for me.

1 comment:

  1. It think WW is a proven program that works for lots of people. I did it successfully several years ago but stopped going when I reached lifetime. Big mistake:( My youngest started his senior year of HS yesterday! My oldest goes back to college next week. I am like you - when that is all back to normal, I will head back to the gym.

    ReplyDelete

Hey -- Thanks for reading! Leave a comment keeping it positive!