Pages

August 9, 2010

Moving Forward

I haven't posted on Jen to Lose for quite a while now.  Instead, I've chosen to pour out my feelings in my journal.  And that's been good for me.  It's great to keep getting all of that "stuff" out of my head:)

As I continue to read weight loss blogs, watch the weight loss realty TV shows, and ponder my own challenges with food, I am struck by how truly, truly complex the issue of food and weight loss really are!  Complex and challenging -- yes!  But that doesn't mean they are impossible to conquer.

I know in the deepest part of my being that I have the tools and strength that I need to face my food and weight loss battle, conquer it, and change my life!  I know it!  I believe it!  And I'm just going to keep trying--and keep trying--and keep trying until I make this happen for myself!  And if I need to ask for help, I will!  And if I need to join a gym to get the activity done, I will!

Yes I have struggled over the past few months, and I've written all about those challenges here.  I've started and stopped and started and stopped.  And it has been hard -- no lie!  I wish I had made different choices.  I wish I hadn't wasted time!  But there is ONE MAJOR THING I've learned from these struggles--the thing I believe is KEY to my success with losing the weight and gaining the life I want:

I need to accept that imperfection is part of this deal!
When I struggle, or in my eyes fail, I need to pick up the pieces and 
keep moving forward!
The next decision is the most important one!

I'm going to keep trying you all.  I'm moving forward!

1 comment:

  1. You are not alone! I have struggled mightily too in the past months. I like "The next decision is the most important one!" All too often I am still making one mistake and compounding it with what I eat next and next and next.

    ReplyDelete

Hey -- Thanks for reading! Leave a comment keeping it positive!